This Monday, I’ll be back for the third time at Barnard’s Athena Center to present on the topic of personal mission statements.
Check out my slideshow here.
This post currently hosts a few links I want to share with the attendees (hi!)
On Mission Statements:
- Personal Mission Statement Builder – This is where I got my funny example. This is a cute way to start thinking about your mission, but no website is going to write your mission statement for you (or even manage correct grammar).
- Personal Mission Statements of 5 CEOs and Why You Should Write One Too – Fast Company
- Gandhi’s “personal mission statement” – Franklin Covey
- What’s Your Personal Mission Statement – Forbes
On Life in General:
- Bullish: What I Wish I Had Known When I Was 18
- Bullish: Using Your College Skills to Succeed After College
- Four Ways to Figure Out What You Really Want to Do With Your Life – “It doesn’t matter where you think you’ll be in five years…think about what you want to learn in the next five years”
- The 10-Minute Exercise That Will Help You Decide What to Do With Your Life – “It’s more useful to start thinking of our futures in terms of the skills we want to develop.”
- How I Figured Out What I Wanted To Do With My Life – Student/entrepreneur Jennifer Turliuk on Forbes
- 91-Year-Old Is Living Her Dream As A Tech Designer At Silicon Valley Firm – “When Barbara Beskind was a child, she wanted to become an inventor. At 91 years old, she’s living that dream as a tech designer.”
- Book: How to Find Fulfilling Work
- Book: 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think
- Book: Stumbling on Happiness